Located on the North Islands Central plateau at the Northern end of Lake Taupo we are central to dozens of quality rivers and streams. Just an hour from Rotorua, 40mins from Turangi or 3 1/2 hours comfortable drive from Auckland.
What We Offer
- Taupo based fly fishing trips. Half, Full or Multi day options.
- Full tuition for beginner or experienced anglers including specialised trips for beginners.
- Overnight/multiday back country trips (True New Zealand trout fishing experience away from the beaten track).
- Helicopter fly fishing from taupo. (Experience the true New Zealand wilderness).
- An experienced, friendly professional trout fishing guide that is passionate about fly fishing(NZPFGA registered, Emergency first aid certified).
Leon has been my trout Fishing Guide for well over twenty years. During this time we have fished most of the streams flowing into Lake Taupo. We have also fished many of the streams in the Taupo and Rotorua areas. Leon has always been accommodating and punctual. He has always exhibited extensive knowledge, experience and talent in the art of Fly Fishing. Over the years, during various weather and stream conditions, we always did well and had a victory toast at the end of the day!
I've fished with Leon for over 10 years and can say unquestionably he is one of the very best guides in NZ. Can he help you catch fish - oh heck yes no doubt about that. But he's more than just a fishing guide. A great fun bloke to be with and he can always seem to find a beautiful new river. He cares about your experience and will do (just about) anything for you. 100% recommendation from me.