Located on the North Islands Central plateau at the Northern end of Lake Taupo we are central to dozens of quality rivers and streams. Just an hour from Rotorua, 40mins from Turangi or 3 1/2 hours comfortable drive from Auckland.
What We Offer
- Taupo based fly fishing trips. Half, Full or Multi day options.
- Full tuition for beginner or experienced anglers including specialised trips for beginners.
- Overnight/multiday back country trips (True New Zealand trout fishing experience away from the beaten track).
- Helicopter fly fishing from taupo. (Experience the true New Zealand wilderness).
- An experienced, friendly professional trout fishing guide that is passionate about fly fishing(NZPFGA registered, Emergency first aid certified).
"Hi Craig, I have been home now for three days but the jet lag still persists. That's OK because it reminds me of the wonderful time Steve and I had fishing with you in New Zealand. We agreed that you are an outstanding guide for two major reasons: (1) You knew where the fish were and how to catch them, and (2) You were an excellent teacher. The proof is in the photos of the 25" and 20" brown trout that Steve and I caught. Our New Zealand trip ranks well ahead of any other trout fishing either of us have experienced and I am sure we both will be more successful anglers in the future. Again, thanks for everything."
I've fished with Leon for over 10 years and can say unquestionably he is one of the very best guides in NZ. Can he help you catch fish - oh heck yes no doubt about that. But he's more than just a fishing guide. A great fun bloke to be with and he can always seem to find a beautiful new river. He cares about your experience and will do (just about) anything for you. 100% recommendation from me.